I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Sunday 11 October 2009

Gone fishing


This is the more conventional version of yesterday's sphere. I've posted photos before of this view of Saltaire, looking along the Leeds-Liverpool canal towards Salts Mill and the New Mill. It is one of my favourite locations, and it's interesting how different it can look depending on the light and the weather.

There are often fishermen along this stretch. I've never actually seen anyone catch anything, but I am told there are fish in the canal, some quite large. Fishing always looks to me like a good excuse to sit and do nothing...but I guess there is quite a lot of skill and experience involved. It's the maggots that put me off! Most of the fishermen have huge tubs of writhing maggots, which they use as bait. Anyway, I think this is a very pleasant spot for sitting and doing nothing!


1 comment: