I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Sunday 28 March 2010

Sunset skyline

'Let me, O let me bathe my soul in colours;
let me swallow the sunset and drink the rainbow.'

Kahlil Gibran


So many people have told me they enjoyed my photo of the
sunset behind Saltaire's church that I thought I'd show you another picture I took that same evening. This one shows the silhouetted skyline of Saltaire village with all its chimneys and the distinctive shape of the Victoria Hall tower on the left.


I don't know what atmospheric conditions influence the effect of the setting sun but we rarely see such spectacular colour here. As Saltaire sits in the bottom of the valley, there isn't really a vast expanse of sky visible from any given point. The colour has to extend a long way across the sky before you really notice it. But this was glorious.

May there be just enough clouds in your life to create a glorious sunset...


9 comments:

  1. Like the poetry/words as well as the image.

    Keep up the excellent work.

    Regards

    Trevor

    ReplyDelete
  2. It truly is beautiful. The chimney pots look great. Hope you have many more sunsets like this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a glorious sky... and I love the poem. Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glorious, indeed! And the perfect poem!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous and what would we do without the color! Fine silhouette-

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous sunset and silhouette.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a stunning picture! The colors are so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's images like these that make me long to visit! ~Lili

    ReplyDelete