I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Saturday 12 June 2010

Come on, England!

We interrupt this blog to bring you an important announcement.... just in case you missed it - there is some kind of sporting competition going on in South Africa....LOL.... I don't think you will have missed it, wherever you are in the world! Yes, of course, it's the World Cup, and England's football team are battling it out today in their first match against the USA. The whole of England seems to have turned red and white. The composite selection of flags above are just some of those I pass on my way to and from work, on houses, businesses and cars. Even the Prime Minister is getting in on the act: he said during Prime Minister's Question time in the House of Commons that he will be flying a St George's flag over 10 Downing Street ( at no expense to the British taxpayer!) And one keen fan has laid real turf on his sitting room floor! I'm not averse to a bit of football but I don't know if I can remain interested for a whole month. Oh well, come on England!!

PS: Today is also the annual Trooping of the Colour ceremony in London, in honour of the Queen's birthday. On my other blog there are some photos I took recently of the rehearsal for that parade.

7 comments:

  1. I'm already fed up!This month will be used to read a lot of books!..Ü

    ReplyDelete
  2. If the past is much to go on, quarter final would be a good result. Maybe I just don't believe in our national team anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. C'mon Aussie, Aussie, Aussie, Oi! Oi! OI1 (not much chance against Germany)
    Since I was born in England I'll go for England too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband actually turned our satellite TV back on (it's usually on just for basketball season) so that he and my son could watch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for visiting my sight.Sorry, I'm not much of a soccer fan.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to say GO USA LOL, but we are not nearly the soccer fans that you blokes are. I do have a granddaughter that is very very good, but I've only been able to attend a few of her games. If USA doesn't win then I hope England does.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So how does England feel now that we've tied?!

    ReplyDelete