I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Monday 29 November 2010

Another view

 

Taken a couple of weeks ago (before it snowed!) Tee hee! You'd have laughed, watching me trying to take this!  I have long been convinced that there is a good photo to be had by framing Saltaire's famous United Reformed Church in its own wrought iron gates. It's not the easiest project.  For one thing the gates are often open and I would not like to be caught closing them without permission.  But it's a tricky prospect mainly because of the contortions I have to get into, to get the framing right.  There are two gates, so neither of the round holes shows the church exactly in its centre when viewed square on.  Standing up I'm too high, kneeling down I'm too low - so I have to adopt a very awkward and unbalanced twisted half-crouch... must look hilarious.  This was hand-held but even with my tripod, I doubt I could get it to the right height.  I've tried once or twice to do this - this is my best effort so far.

23 comments:

  1. A beautiful photograph of the Church Jenny.
    Have a great week.
    Costas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clever shot! Well done you for persevering :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with H. A clever shot, and well worth the effort.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your result is great and beautyfully framed! Thank you for all the things you had to do to get this! sometimes, we do for our blogs things we would never do for any other reason! :)))

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's excellent - just so long as you haven't given yourself a bad back doing it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a fabulous effort and very clever indeed. It's always good when those images we have long felt would be good, turn out to be when we eventually get them on whatever the digital equivalent to film is.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the way you have framed this - you are lucky to have such great material to photograph. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whatever you did to get this shot was so worth it. Framing this beautiful building with the gate adds so much interest and creativity. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think you did a marvelous job! Too bad you didn't have someone take a picture of you taking the picture. Now that would be fun to see!

    ReplyDelete
  10. haha! i think you've captured it perfectly and the timing's just right!
    quite artistic too! ^0^

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful composition! Well done, Jenny.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice one... top class framing. I had funny looks given to me when I was on the Gourock- Dunoon ferry taking pictures of a "moving" lighthouse through a low porthole. I sympathise with everything you said here.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I really like it! Your efforts were well worth it! ~Lili

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, well done! Wonderful how frames enhance things.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think you have captured it perfectly. I guess you could try it standing on your head but this is great. It is such an interesting structure.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes very well done. I miss shots like this great one that you captures. Maybe I am in too much of hurry sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well I think you did a wonderful job composing - it's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well done, I giggle at the thought of you trying to get this shot.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great shot, well worth finding that perfect contortion to take it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I really like this view. I like it a LOT! Good thinking to shoot it through the gate.

    ReplyDelete