I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Friday 22 April 2011

Springtime melodies


The band weren't actually playing 'Younger than Springtime' but they might as well have been ... or maybe 'Younger IN Springtime' would have been a more appropriate title.  Crowds of people of all generations gathered around the bandstand in Saltaire's Roberts Park to listen to the Hall Royd Band giving the first concert of the 2011 season.  The bandstand (new last year to replace the original Victorian one that had long since disappeared) looked picture-perfect encircled by blossom trees, its dome sparkling in the sunshine.  I definitely think that a good brass band playing in the bandstand is my favourite; the sound was terrific.  I've heard smaller ensembles and different types of music but somehow the sound of brass works best.  The audience, including the four silver-haired ladies on the bench, were clearly enjoying the entertainment and the wonderful weather.

10 comments:

  1. Those kinds of small events are slowly disappearing. But it's a shame, because these are simple moments, full of joy and happyness, gathering all generations, in pretty places..

    PS: I left something for you on my blog yesterday..:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so lovely! Spring certainly is in the air for all of you & I'm so glad you're able to get outdoors and enjoy it, too, Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great shot of happiness and joy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that looks so fabulous! And the weather looks perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely moment to capture; I agree that there's nothing quite like live brass.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful way to spend an afternoon! I, too, love a brass band.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wish we had a brass band in our bandstand.... Lovely photo, very cheerful mood. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my goodness...you did it again! THIS is my new favorite! :)
    happy easter! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the way you caught these four seniors all aligned in listening to the band. Happy Easter weekend, Jenny.

    ReplyDelete