I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Tuesday 5 June 2012

Golden orb


Well, my Royal Jubilee was all rather laid-back.  In the end I couldn't even raise the energy to climb Hope Hill to see the beacon being lit on Monday night. (I was enjoying the televised concert from outside Buckingham Palace.)  There wasn't a great deal happening locally... I think Saltaire has had enough Festivals in the last couple of months.  There was supposed to be a 'Big Lunch' party in Northcliffe Park on Sunday but it rained heavily all day here, as well as in London, so that was all a bit of a damp squib.  I spent all afternoon glued to the TV, watching people getting very wet in boats on the Thames.

So the only bit of sparkle I can offer is this golden orb suspended outside one of Saltaire's old shop properties that has now become a studio for a portrait photographer.  I'm not sure if the orb is permanent or was associated with the recent Arts Trail.  Either way, it provides an interesting reflection of Titus Street.

Let me just mention here too, that I'm having some problems with my Mac starting up at the moment.  So if one day it fails to start up completely, I may disappear from blogland for a while.  Don't worry - my postings and visits this month will be sporadic at best anyway, as I'm having a holiday and celebrating that big birthday.  All being well, everything should be back to 'normal' (whatever that is) by early July.

9 comments:

  1. 'Twas worried about you luv when you didn't appear this morning at 0700. Glad to hear it was only Mac playing up. Thanks for advance warning of possible breaks in transmission and enjoy that big ? 0. Must nip along and check out the globe before it disappears.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, it's kinda nice when folks are interested enough to miss me!

      Delete
  2. I must admit I'm a bit jubileed out now. I'm looking forward to life back to normal tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And in that "interesting reflection of Titus Street" we assume the blue-clad figure in the center of the globe is jennyfreckles herself. Sorry about your computer, they're rather essential to photographers and bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was a shame that it rained on the boat parade but the stoic Brits still turned out. Good for them. Much more comfy watching on TV. Sorry to hear you are having Mac troubles. Hope all is fixed soon. I too will miss you. Happy that big Birthday. I wonder what date. I am also having a big birthday this month.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The golden orb should stay there. It affords a fine view of the street.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope that orb is permanent! I think it's lovely! I watched some of the celebrations on TV, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jenny .. hope the Mac keeps plodding on .. if necessary in its way. Happy Big Birthday though .. and I hope the weather cheers up for the Big Day ..

    Have a lovely time .. and I love the photos and discourse you give us .. cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete