I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Saturday 7 July 2012

Location, location


This was where we were staying: a ground floor apartment in one of the blocks on the right, which belongs to some dear friends of mine.  What a fantastic location.... you could sit on the terrace and enjoy an ever-changing view at whatever time of day.  I took a book (a Kate Atkinson detective novel) but in fact I spent far more time just gazing, rather than reading, especially in that quiet time before the rest of the family woke up.  There were lots of small boats coming and going, and the jetty seemed to be a favourite stopping-off point for lots of people - walkers, birdwatchers (the estuary is rich in birdlife), photographers and car travellers stopping to enjoy the view.

7 comments:

  1. A perfect place for holidays .. or even more ! What a lovely and beautiful corner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect. It reminds me of a place we used to stay in at Golant, on the River Fowey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very romantic, gorgeous place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a perfect location for a holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is my kind of relaxation....holding a book but gazing at the water! How lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I truly understand why you spent far more time gazing than reading. I would have done the same.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I would have stopped and spent a hour shooting pictures. Lovely spot, just the sort of place we might see on Public Television.

    ReplyDelete