I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Thursday 20 December 2012

An urban forest


All of a sudden a little forest has sprung up in Saltaire! Christmas trees for sale, all lined up on the wet pavement outside the greengrocer's shop.  I didn't bring one home, as my sitting room is too small - I can't fit a proper tree in anywhere, much as I like the look (and smell) of them. So I have a little carved and painted wooden tree that I bought at the German Christkindelmarkt one year. It's decorated with tiny wooden snowmen and bells, quite pretty. It wasn't until I looked at this photo that I noticed the florist's shop (Bouquets) has closed down. Another victim of our recessionary times.

5 comments:

  1. We don't have room for a 'real' Christmas tree, either. But we do have a small, nicely decorated, artificial tree. We call it our Christmas twig.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here. I have a miniature artificial tree on a high bureau in my sitting room and also a small carved wooden one of the German kind on a shelf in the kitchen - mine is painted red though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here too trees are growing on the sidewalk, lol ! We have an artificial one since a few years because of the 4 cats !

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a pretty holiday scene. This is the first year I have had an artificial tree. I got tired of the mess from real trees and it seemed wasteful to throw them out year after year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its just too hot to have a real tree here in Perth so its a heavily decorated artificial one for me, looks good though. I love the sound of your little German ornamental tree Jenny, it doesn't matter how big or small really, it's a symbol of Christmas oui!

    ReplyDelete