I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Sunday 16 December 2012

Seaside colours


Sometimes the dark and cold at this time of year starts to get me down. It's nice then to seek a dose of colour and sunshine on blogs from sunnier climes. It's even better to wake up to a sudden clear, crisp, sunny day. On just such a golden morning recently, I went out for a walk; not far, just up through Baildon Green, following the road because the footpaths were so wet and muddy. The route passes through what was once a quarry (where some of the stone that built Saltaire originated from, I believe). Looking up the hill, I liked the tones of blue, white and sandy yellow - in fact it reminded me of seaside colours!  The trees and the grasses may be winter-dead but they are still pretty.

4 comments:

  1. It is a lovely blue sky for winter in UK. Bare trees have their own beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are still alive, and showing the best they have. Love your sky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been craving some sunshine too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful photo. Nice frame too.

    ReplyDelete