I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Sunday 28 April 2013

Round towers


I am always intrigued by this pair of semi-detached houses near the centre of Shipley. They have a most unusual design with round towers and a metal-railed balcony with a design of entwined Yorkshire roses. I'm sure they must have an interesting history but I have not been able to find out anything about them. Sadly they have seen better days and could do with a bit of sprucing up.

7 comments:

  1. You could do with some round rooms. Fewer hiding places for hoomugoos spiedars!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these unusual houses. Happy that you are sharing them with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They do look like they may have an interesting story to tell.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look lovely from here- I wonder if they have spiral staircases inside?

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are lovely and don't look too bad. Most of the deterioration I can seen is at the roof line.

    Where do you find curved sofas for the round rooms?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Intriguing! At first c=glance I thought you were in France...

    ReplyDelete