I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Tuesday 11 March 2014

February's challenger


This was the image I finally chose to use for my online photo club's February challenge - 'Through a Window'. It's another shot taken at Greenwich. It shows Sir Christopher Wren's wonderfully symmetrical domed design, now known as the Old Royal Naval College, framed through a window in the Queen's House. Behind are the modern skyscraper towers of the financial centre in Canary Wharf. One might see it as old money meeting new money.

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful, beautiful photo. This is my favourite place on earth and I have spent many happy days looking at this view in my lifetime. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the symmetrical look of tis shot. Good choice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bravo! THIS is the image you were searching for!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous shot! I like the symetry. The characters on the right add a touch to see the scale . Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete