I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Sunday 15 June 2014

Do you like butter?


One of the flowers that I remember liking best as a child was the buttercup. Bright yellow and shiny, we used to hold them under our friends' chins and say 'Do you like butter?'  If there was a patch of reflected yellow, the answer was deemed to be 'yes'!

They look so pretty against a blue and white sky. I am delighted that there are fields full of them locally, now that some of Northcliffe Park is managed as wild grassland and wildflower meadow. Delightful.



5 comments:

  1. Very beautiful flower. I think we also have orange and pink color flowers of this type!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember doing that with dandelions...buttercups are much prettier!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember doing that - and also did the same with my kids. Love the first picture - it's like an album cover.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We did the same thing with the buttercups!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful shots of the buttercups and especially like the close up

    ReplyDelete