I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Wednesday 19 November 2014

Flood


For, behold, I will bring a flood of waters into Saltaire ...

I'm a member of a local camera club and it's a great place to learn new things. At last week's meeting one of our members was demonstrating some software and a few 'processing tricks'. So I thought I'd have a go at manufacturing some reflections. I think the end result is quite effective, though as a first attempt it is by no means perfect. (If you want to know how to do it too, google 'Creating a reflection in Photoshop' for a gazillion tutorials showing different ways of achieving it.)

Anyway, you'll be relieved to know that although we've had a bit of rain in recent days, Saltaire URC is not cut off by a biblical flood (and neither have we had animals entering, two by two). It's all a clever trick.

4 comments:

  1. I'll look into it...meanwhile, your technical artistry looks pretty damn good to me! Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's very effective. More Saltwater than Saltaire!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So these are not real reflections? You could have fooled me!

    ReplyDelete