I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Tuesday 3 March 2015

My virtual visitors


February's online photo club challenge was 'Time' and the image had to be in monochrome.

I've long been fascinated by the well-worn steps leading down to Salts Mill. They seem soaked through with countless stories of the people that have clambered up and down them in the 160+ years since they were built. Clogs, boots, shoes, trainers and sandals .... mill workers, their bosses, village residents, visitors and more recently shoppers and tourists have left their mark. I thought the image needed something more to strengthen it and to suggest the passage of time... so I suddenly had the idea to have members of my family 'visit' Saltaire. This is my great-grandfather and my uncle.

8 comments:

  1. I love this picture! That's a wonderful idea !

    ReplyDelete
  2. That’s a great photo. Every time I climb those steps I think about the daily trudge of millworkers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a lovely powerful photo, very emotive. How did you do it Jenny?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a good idea! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been looking at this photo for quite a while and I can't decide.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh well done Jenny.. a wee bit spooky but very clever!

    ReplyDelete