I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Friday 29 May 2015

Crested tit



Saltaire Arts Trail 2105 - I have an exquisite little new friend - the Crested Tit. It's a 'champagne bird' - made out of the wire from champagne corks. I've seen these before and loved them, so I decided to treat myself to this little fellow. Isn't it adorable? They are made by Beverley Drury, who was a featured artists in one of the Open Houses.  It was really hard to choose from the variety of sculptures on offer, most about life-size like this and lovingly hand-crafted to capture the special 'jizz' of each little bird. There were robins and sparrows, swallows and kingfishers, nuthatches and several different members of the tit family. I might need to collect a flock!
See the 'champagnebirds' website for more details and pictures.

5 comments:

  1. He's beautiful! Were there any flying ones? They'd look great suspended in a window.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is beautiful. I'm tempted to have a go at making something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wouldn't have been able to resist either Jenny, they are absolutely delightful.

    ReplyDelete