I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Sunday 4 June 2017

No words


I have no words for what is happening in Britain at the moment: these dreadful terror attacks and the current political climate. I don't want people to think that in continuing with this blog I am simply ignoring or sidelining the pain that is being felt. Far from it. It is difficult to know how to respond. Words are inadequate and such horror does not need the oxygen of publicity. We must also not forget that what makes the headlines here is, sadly, the reality of daily life in some areas of our world.

I do, however, feel that our global network of bloggers, sharing the beauty, creativity and loving humanity in our lives and our societies, is a good thing. Through this blog, I have made friends with people all over the world that I would not otherwise know. We share in each other's lives in a small but nonetheless supportive and encouraging way. I laugh at your humour; I feel leaps of joy when your precious grandchildren are born; I thrill to see your sunsets and your vibrant cities, your artistic endeavours, your lovely and welcoming homes. It helps me and I guess it helps others too. I shall continue to share my photographs and my responses to life, focussing as always on the beauty and inspiration I find in nature and people's endeavours. There is far more good in the world than evil.

My thoughts and prayers are with those hurt and bereaved, with our police and emergency services trying to deal with and prevent such horror - and with our politicians seeking to find a way forward. My thanks are for those who share this flawed world with me in friendship and who strive, however imperfectly, to make it a better place.

9 comments:

  1. "Ah, but in such an ugly time the true protest is beauty" - Phil Ochs, songwriter (1967)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully put Jenny. It's true that the events happening almost daily around the world now are designed to destroy our spirit but we can't let these monsters win and although at times it's difficult to proceed cheerfully we must!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jenny - yes so well expressed ... life is challenging at the moment - freedom from hate, horror and atrocity, while having free speech ... essentials for us.

    Perhaps along with others you'd join us once a month at the WATWblogfest ... Emily is a new participant ... she gives you the information ...

    http://emilbloo.blogspot.co.uk/2017/05/we-are-the-world-blogfest.html My last post in May was my entry ...

    We need to help all especially the children and children's children - they are our future ... we need to get away from hate ...

    Damyanti wrote a poignant post on Manchester ... I list that here:

    http://www.damyantiwrites.com/2017/05/24/light-darkness-manchester/

    Thank you for the post - Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had the perfect words to share. Thank you for your kindness!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You express my thoughts exactly and beautifully. I think our community of bloggers brings us closer together in thee terrible times and reminds us of all the good there is out there,

    ReplyDelete
  6. So well said, Jenny! My thoughts and feelings are exactly the same.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I only heard the news earlier this afternoon here- I saw no news last night or this morning. Dreadful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am grateful for your well said words. They help put things in perspective to continue on. Prayers for all

    ReplyDelete