I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Saturday 5 August 2017

Senior Way (1)


I recently took a walk with some friends around the nearby village of Cullingworth. The first part of it followed a footpath signposted Senior Way. The name is not, as might be expected, because it is aimed a senior citizens (such as me!) It is named after the late Ron Senior, a local man who helped to get the walk recognised and signposted.


I always love this valley. It's so lush and green; you could be miles from civilisation although it is not at all remote. My eagle-eyed friend spotted a heron skulking in the grasses. Harden Beck runs along the valley bottom and it tends to be a bit marshy in some parts; fertile territory for a heron looking for frogs, I guess.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Jenny - no wonder it's a favourite ... lovely looking walk. Love the name too - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks wonderful, Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That heron definitely would know where the good eating's to be found.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like a wonderful place to walk. I am happy that you are enjoying your retirement so much. Not much beats walks in pretty places with good friends.

    ReplyDelete