I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Monday 1 January 2018

Snowy tree


Happy New Year! It's 2018!

We unexpectedly had a bit more snow last Friday, just a couple of days before the New Year.  There was a light covering when I woke up and it continued to snow heavily for about three hours. Less than an inch fell altogether, but it was enough to change the familiar world - and I love that. As soon as the blizzard eased off a little bit, I got togged up with warm clothes and good boots and went for a wander round Saltaire with my camera. It's a delight to see the way a little snow transforms everything, truly a winter wonderland. I came back with quite a lot of photos that I was pleased with. This one, of a tree reflected in the river near Hirst Weir, has to be one of my favourite pictures of the whole year.

By mid-afternoon, the snow had turned to rain and by bedtime little remained save the lumps where people had made snowmen. It felt a bit like I'd dreamed it all. But I have the photos to prove it - and, like it or not, you will see some of them in the next few days!

10 comments:

  1. I am looking forward to the next few days photos very much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful picture !
    Happy New Year to you !

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is really beautiful, Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exquisite image Jenny, wonderful winter reflections. Just been back to see all your gorgeous images I've missed while away, stunning as always. Winter is coming made me smile, I'm a big Game of Thrones fan, recognised the expression right away 😀 Happy New year Jenny, and all the very best for 2018 ✨

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jenny - stunning photo - love it = beautiful. All the best to you and yours for the year and years ahead - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely! My favourite kind of weather. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can hear the quiet in this photo. One of my favorite things about a snowfall. Well done. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your photo! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooooohhhhh. This is very charming. Happy New Year, jennyfreckles.

    ReplyDelete